STATEMENT FROM HALTON REGISTRATION SERVICE
24th February 2021
On 22nd February the Prime Minister announced his plans for emerging from the current lockdown and presented a roadmap with a step-by-step plan to ease restrictions in England.
The plans apply to all areas of England from the dates specified, but are subject to the four tests outlined in the roadmap being met at each step.
Marriages and Civil Partnerships in England
Current national restrictions remain in place and there are no changes for marriages and civil partnerships in England prior to 29 March. The changes planned are:
- Step 1 (2nd stage): From 29th March – Legal limit of 6 attendees but no longer limited to ‘exceptional circumstances’
- Step 2: No earlier than 12th April – Legal limit of 15 attendees
- Step 3: No earlier than 17th May – Legal limit of 30 attendees
- Step 4: No earlier than 21st June – No legal limit on attendees (subject to the outcome of the scientific Events Research Programme)
At all stages, ceremonies can only take place in venues that are permitted to be open at each step. For further information, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-small-marriages-and-civil-partnerships/covid-19-guidance-for-small-marriages-and-civil-partnerships
Research Programme – from April the government will run pilots for events such as large weddings to help determine how measures such as enhanced testing might allow large groups to attend without social distancing.)
As is currently the case, the number allowed to attend includes the couple, witnesses and guests, but those working, such as registration officials and venue managers are not included.
These dates are subject to change in line with government announcements.
Up to date guidance can be found on the government website www.gov.uk.
If you choose to continue with your ceremony, you will be required to comply with all previous safety requirements and new rules.
Couples who have weddings/ceremonies booked may now wish to postpone or cancel their ceremony; our cancellation and refund policy will also apply.
If you need to contact the Register Office please call 0151 511 7711 or email [email protected]
Andrew Lucas – Superintendent Registrar/Registration Service Manager
Revised Room Capacities
Room capacities listed below are the maximum number that can be accommodated in each room with social distancing in place. However, there are currently legal limits on the number of attendees allowed. These limits will change in line with the Prime Minister’s road map.
- Maximum guests including couple: 45
- Maximum guests including couple: 32
- Maximum guests including couple: 18
Members Drawing Room
- Maximum guests including couple: 12
- Maximum guests including couple: 25